£45k - 50k per year
Senior Backend Magento Developer
Remote (UK based)
Forward Role have partnered with an award winning Official Magento Partner who build second to none eCommere stores for merchants across the UK and USA, and they are looking to bring a Senior Backend Magento Developer into the team. If you are a Magento Developer looking for the opportunity to join a fantastic team of professionals on a truly exciting journey, then this is for you.
Working alongside other frontend and backend developers, you will be developing new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies, daily tasks include;
- Writing backend code inline with best practices on the Magento 2 platform
- Understanding client requirements and working with the project management team to deliver these
- Architect and implement extensions to the highest standard
- Present, explain and justify client solutions
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
- Provide feedback to members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Problem solving within ongoing development as well as content/data within a project
What do we need from you?
- Considerable experience as a Backend Magento Developer (Specifically M2)
- PHP, MySQL and source control (GIT), deployment processes (Jenkins) and dev-ops.
- Ability to write clean, reusable and extensible code and tests to ECG Magento 2 standards.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, time management and communication skills
- Ability to break down client requirements into logical steps and provide accurate estimates
- Ability to supervise and mentor other team members in a fast paced environment
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io, XDebug and other debugging tools
- Experience with GraphQL & RabbitMQ
- Prior experience with site go lives and migrations between Magento versions
- Experience with API integrations and tools such as JIRA
What are the company benefits?
- Performance based bonus
- Remote working
- Regular company events
- Employee perks portal
- Company pension scheme & private health plan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free fruit and refreshments + monthly free sandwich Friday
- Quarterly company awards
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.