£30k - 40k per year
0161 914 8558
3 months ago
Professional Services (Legal)
£30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
Manchester City Centre
The Bid Manager will sit within the operational bid team and report to Head of department of this growing law firm in manchester. They will generate high quality, persuasive business development materials which create a compelling case for change. The Bid Manager will drive the bid impact process and deliver planning meetings, bid:no bid meetings, launch meetings, story boarding sessions and pricing discussions. You will also be expected to support Senior Managers and the Head of department on high value pitch opportunities, which assist in winning new business and retaining key accounts in the firm's client portfolio.
- Work the other Bid Managers and Executives to deliver and support the business and the lawyers in developing winning bid documentation.
- Planning and managing the bid from outset to closure. Proactive project management of complete tender process, including strategy, design, drafting, review and production.
- Qualifying and quantifying all opportunities to understand cost effective tendering and offer an informed bid/no bid decision.
- Ensure consistent quality of approach is implemented on a national basis, and that bid strategy is applied according to formal bid process protocol.
- Develop themes and brainstorm best visual representation of proposals and presentation to secure bid wins.
- To have awareness of the issues faced by client organisations in the relevant sector and the role of a professional support services group in delivering commercial, financial and technical expertise to these clients.
- Develop and share innovations that raise the game in the firm's approach to bids.
- Ability to nurture and promote compliance to the brand across all channels.
- To work proactively with the other support teams e.g. Finance, HR etc; to ensure an integrated approach is applied to all tender opportunities.
- To undertake win:loss reviews with decision makers.
- To attend weekly team meetings to assess and review firm wide pipeline opportunities.
- Proactively engage with individuals across the firm to identify pipeline opportunities.
- Ensure that all bids meet the strict commercial parameters including gross margin and minimum contract size.
- Overseeing overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- At least 5 years experience working within a bid team and project managing your own bids
- Proven experience of delivering success within a bid role
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- The ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail is essential
- Degree qualified
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.