Manchester City Centre
£60k - 80k per year
0161 914 8558
3 months ago
Senior Business Development Manager – Law firm
£60,000 - £80,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
Work closely with the partners to build a marketing and business development approach which will boost the profile for this commercial law firm, generate new business opportunities and grow profitable revenue. The intention is that this Senior Business Development Manager will work on a best practice basis, closely working with colleagues in the marketing, pitch, comms and client development teams.
- A key point of contact for all marketing and business development--related activities regarding 2 key sectors - General Insurance and London Market, providing proactive support in developing relationships and targeting business opportunities with priority clients and targets.
- Work with the key partners in these sectors to formulate and implement marketing campaigns and BD plans to develop new business leads and opportunities, driving effective cross-selling, new business introductions, and exploring potential new work streams. Proactively seek opportunities for promoting the sectors, providing recommendations that are in line with the overall sector objectives, including conference speaking slots and sponsorships, thought leadership reports, client roundtable discussions and seminars, PR opportunities and memberships of trade bodies.
- Manage, monitor and control the marketing effort and spend, taking ownership for the overall sector group plan and be accountable for the delivery of effective business development and marketing activity aligned to the plan’s objectives.
- Direct and undertake research about targets/ prospects that can assist partners in identifying targets, contacts and potential leads along with the most relevant services and products.
- Manage targeting and pipeline programmes, engaging with partners and associates to ensure they are following up on leads generated from BD and marketing activity and coach them on tactics to improve their conversion rate.
- Work closely with marketing colleagues who deliver support for Insurance.
- Liaise with the wider marketing, pitch and client development teams to share knowledge and best practice in lead generation, pitches, thought leadership and excellence. Contribute to marketing, client development and pitches as required.
- Ensure all information relating to BD campaigns, targets and activities is regularly kept up-to-date, ensuring visibility, ownership and accountability across the BD programme.
- Work with partners and others to plan and prepare for sales meetings and presentations.
Requirements and competencies:
- Solid business development and marketing experience, acquired at a manager or senior manager level, within an insurance or law firm environment.
- The role holder needs to be clearly steeped in a professional services BD and able to communicate concepts in a pragmatic, consultative yet authoritative manner.
- Experience of implementing business development plans, managing pipelines and client databases.
- Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery, and the ability to direct the firm's BD efforts accordingly, demonstrating strong diplomacy, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Proven project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting timescales and multiple projects.
- Calm, positive, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations, requirements and personalities in an often pressured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate concepts in a pragmatic, consultative yet authoritative manner.
- A team player, effective at building rapport with partners and colleagues in marketing, communications, bids and client development teams.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.