£175 per day
Attention Senior Category Buyers!
Are you an experienced and skilled professional in the field of procurement and sourcing? Are you passionate about driving strategic purchasing decisions and optimizing supplier relationships? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
You will be accountable for the expediting of materials ordered within the assigned PCA supplier cell. Including PO management in relation to departmental KPI’s, ensuring open orders in the SAP reporting system identified under your buyer code meet relevant contractual delivery dates. The management of purchase order acknowledgments by the vendors and ensuring products/materials are controlled effectively throughout their lifecycle is required.
The position also includes expediting material to insure suppliers meet the demands identified by SAP MRP. You will actively resolve production material supply issues through effective engagement with the supplier and internal material and IPT leads. SAP is to be actively reviewed and PO’s updated to enable stock optimisation opportunities, maximising business efficiencies throughout the project lifecycle.
A high level of system data integrity is required to allow effective MRP schedules to be produced,
including reducing risks within the sub-tier, managing any BOM changes onto the PO, ensuring data is flowed to suppliers. RTV vendor requirements will also be maintained for your suppliers.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Accountable for the expediting of all Production owned material in line with MRP requirements for s/c Team for all UK Sites via SAP reporting for contract/delivery date through their lifecycle after purchase order placement.
- Authority for driving resolution of all Production Material supply issues highlighted via load boards through effective engagement with material and IPT leads from supplier or sub-tier.
- Responsible for ensuring all associated supporting information attached to SAP for LRQA audit purposes.
- Draw attention and action any related aspects of master data required for relevant production material be changed with SAP.
- Ensure any supplier generated problem reports/concessions are inputted into SAP and communicated to material lead,
- Guarantee any authorised contractual changes required carried out expediently.
- Flow down BOM changes from Material Lead for production material ensuring data is flowed to suppliers via MCS and excess managed. Report PR’s back into system.
- Oversee supplier RTV from material disposition, supporting QA, IPT via the MRB process including finance to ensure delivered
This is an immediate start with a duration of 12 months based in Edinburgh. If you are interested please apply or send your Cv directly to email@example.com
Look forward to speaking to you!
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.