Senior Data Engineer
Flexible salary DOE
Forward Role have exclusively partnered with an incredible online beauty and cosmetics retailer as they are on a journey of continuous growth. They are looking to bring a Senior Data Engineer into their fast-paced agile team to help shape their tech platform as it grows with business needs.
You will be writing code in Python using AWS Glue, pyspark, and Elastic. We aren’t one trick ponies, we use the tech that best suits the problem. The client sees their future of reporting in Quicksight with real-time Kibana dashboards. You will be working closely with the wider tech teams and as such you will receive exposure to a variety of AWS services and applications on a daily basis. You will ideally have prior knowledge of cloud computing practices and AWS suite of services.
What do we need from you?
• Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and technical challenges, contributing to Datalake design decisions.
• Able to work collaboratively and help support colleagues
• Python software development skills – using pandas and pyspark ideally
• Thorough understanding of cloud technologies preferably with the AWS stack (parquet, AWS Glue, S3, Redshift, Athena, Quicksight)
• Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience building Data Pipelines to bring Data into the Data Lake, and then processing them to produce clean and comprehensive datasets.
• Ability to step back and see how your development of the Data platform ensures it is performant, scalable and highly available to the business.
Beneficial but not essential:
• Use of Version Control and CI/CD, deployment pipelines and build automation using CDK would be beneficial.
• Have an understanding and apply software standards and practices, testing patterns, and the ability to document in a clean manner.
• SQL Server (SSAS) experience.
What will you get in return?
This client offers a relaxed working environment, fantastic culture and a flexible working policy, so you choose the hours that work best for you. Breakfast is always on them if you're in the office and they have a casual dress code. All staff have access to a generous discount scheme, regular team socials and much more.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.