£45k - 55k per year
0161 914 8499
5 months ago
Forward Role Recruitment Technology Division is recruiting on behalf of an industry leader within specialised professional education.
A trusted partner to organisations across the world, their success has led to further growth and they are now looking for a Senior DBA to join their Manchester based technology team.
The purpose of the role is to be primarily responsible for ensuring performance and reliability of all databases across all database software used across the business including but not limited to Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server.
The successful Senior DBA will also be responsible for all database planning, maintenance, troubleshooting of support issues and design/build of DDL scripts and code that sits within the database tier (e.g. triggers and stored procedures).
The role itself encompasses all aspects of database administration which amongst other duties will include capacity planning and monitoring, reviewing and providing advice to developers on scripts, data conversion, user access management and data uploads.
To be considered for the role you must possess:
- At least 3 years working as a production database administrator.
- At least 3 years or more working as a development database administrator.
- Experience with performance tuning on a data warehouse platform.
- Preferably some experience working on data conversions between database platforms.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft SQL and Oracle SQL.
- Intermediate level experience with MySQL.
- Ideally some exposure to Oracle extent management (Oracle 8 skill).
- Exposure to IT framework processes such as ITIL & SDLC.
- Preferably some experience working with PowerBI and SAS or similar reporting platforms.
In return for your expertise the successful Senior DBA can expect a salary circa £55,000 plus package.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please forward an updated CV to Mike Rhodes at Forward Role Recruitment.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.