£45k - 55k per year
9 months ago
Liquid error: internal
The role of the Senior Developer in the organisation is to provide a first class user experience for all transactional websites for all brands. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to drive the continued growth of ecommerce sales, they will amend and develop the magento code base , integrate with 3rd party supporting systems and also develop on internal systems.
Strategically the team are now moving to a new and exciting headless ecommerce infrastructure using a vue.js framework connecting with Magento and other systems to provide a cutting edge, best in class user journey across all devices.
The role will be working within a team that has developers / system architects / testers and digital performance optimizers and will be responsible for shared line management of developers and junior developers.
Experience we are looking for:
- Strong experience working on a commercial eCommerce system as an eCommerce Developer or similar role with line management responsibility.
- Version Control experience
- Magento experience or a similar ecommerce platform (preferred)
- Knowledge of AWS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the development team in planned sprints.
- Analysing requirements, proposing scalable and flexible “future-proofed” solutions and estimating development work accordingly.
- Programming and templating responsive, dynamic websites using current best practice.
- Setting up and connecting backend and frontend coding.
- Testing code and deploying projects to live or test server environments.
In addition to a competitive salary this role includes:
- Discretionary profit share bonus.
- A company pension after a years service in May
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- 1 extra holiday for every 3 years service to a total of 27
- Well connected with Free Parking, great bus links and a new Tram link.
- On top of these great benefits we have a fitness studio, subsidised canteen & Starbucks on site, free organised company walks, sample sales and much more!
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.