Location:Manchester City Centre
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with Kaplan on the search for a Senior eCommerce & Conversion Manager. This is a truly exciting time for Kaplan as they continue their online growth.
Taking the lead to define the strategic roadmap, you’ll help to shape the priorities to get the most efficient and effective returns from the websites and the resources the business has within the team.
Web strategy & management
- Develop and drive the strategic vision and online trading strategy for the websites, working cross-functionally to improve sales conversion and reduce call volumes via self-serve / improved online website experience
- Develop a roadmap for Kaplan to ensure they stay relevant and adapt to the changing needs of their customers and how they want to interact with Kaplan.
- Lead the development and prioritisation of digital solutions and online content to remove barriers and enable target audiences/customers to self serve and get the answers they need quicker
- Review and influence the prioritisation of customer journeys and experiences that fulfill the student, apprentice and client needs in a straightforward and engaging way and identify opportunities to optimise conversion
- Marketing stakeholder for the ongoing improvements of the Kaplan websites, ensuring we are able to prioritise the things that will make the biggest difference to the business and customers
- Ownership of the primary websites including, but not limited to, Kaplan.co.uk, KaplanPublishing.co.uk, CIMAStudy.com, Kaplan-Learning.com Eagle-education.co.uk, Osbornebooks.co.uk & sqe.sra.org.uk
- Establish and drive digital best practice across the websites, ensuring compliance with local legislation
- Stay up to date with industry trends and changes, making recommendations and advising of mitigating strategies to maintain the performance of the website
- Support new / strategic website initiatives, working with IT and business stakeholders to define requirements, assess solutions and develop project plans where the digital team will be involved in the delivery
- Support the core business to sell new products online and to grow into new markets as part of the widening portfolio
- Support Digital Delivery Manager to prioritise workload across site speed improvements and refactoring, ad hoc requests and new functionality
Performance & Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Set online targets and ensure priorities are being met (revenue, accessibility, speed and performance, call volumes)
- Key stakeholder, working with the UX and insights team to develop the CRO strategy and pace of improvements to get best returns
- Champion the development and oversight of a Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) Strategy, setting the pace and targets for improvements across platforms and Kaplan websites
- Sponsorship for the CRO roadmap, working collaboratively with Web Analytics Manager, Lead UX Researcher & CRO and Senior Digital & Inbound Marketing Manager to develop a programme of continuous improvement and A/B testing
- Oversight, prioritisation and management of the performance of the Web Delivery Team team, balancing budget investment to maximise efficiency and ROI
- Track and drive improvements in the primary metrics at key touch points in the customer journeys (B2B and B2C), to enable clear tracking of how it is performing and where it can be optimized
- Sponsorship of a testing and experimentation framework for continuous improvement
- Play a leading role in identifying opportunities to improve productivity and efficiency of of the web delivery team
- Drive digital innovation, agile ways-of-working and a culture of continual test-and-learn/improvement across the team
Partnerships & Working relationships
- Key relationship holder with IT, ensuring that the digital strategy and agenda is understood and built into resourcing plans
- Primary interface with the IT Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical team, continually driving improvements in working relationships
- Marketing representative at the IT and NAV steering group to ensure the priorities are heard and balanced against the wider business requests
- Work with Digital Delivery Manager and Head of UX & Design to agree the prioritisation of web change requests for each of the IT sprints
- Support the team with UAT testing of IT web releases
- Support Product Marketing Team with input for institute partnership meetings, to share updates on website performance
- Close working relationships with Senior Product Marketing Manager, Senior Digital & Inbound Marketing Manager & Head of UX to ensure strong and effective working practices are taking place across the teams
- Work closely with stakeholders to periodically monitor satisfaction levels
What you’ll bring
You’ll be an experienced digital marketeer, with a good understanding of ecommerce, testing and Conversion Rate Optimisation. With a proactive and innovative approach, you’ll lead a team and work collaboratively with others to build effective online customer journeys and experiences that drive results.
With strong communication skills and business acumen, you’ll articulate your vision and secure appropriate investment in the ongoing development of our online platforms and digital technologies.
- Educated to degree level/professional level in a marketing discipline
- Extensive experience working in digital marketing with a broad working knowledge of the core disciplines (eCommerce, SEO, PPC, testing & Conversion Rate Optimisation and data analytics)
- Extensive experience and track record of driving and improving ROI
- Experience of managing and leading a team to motivate and drive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar analytics packages
- Understanding and experience of digital marketing for B2B and B2C audiences is desirable
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.