£48k - 58k per year
Senior Full Stack Developer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£48,000 - £58,000 DOE
- Flexible start times
- Option to work from home
- Bonus scheme
Forward Role are working with a brilliant software development company who provide products and services that enable energy/utility businesses and their people to be more efficient. The client is a trusted partner for some of Britains best known Utility and Energy brands who are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join their dedicated team in Bolton. If you are looking for a role where you can work with cutting edge technology whilst having fantastic opportunities to grow your skillset then this is the right role for you. This client takes time to ensure they have an awesome culture and focus on being a friendly, close-knit team.
The Full Stack Developer will form part of the forward thinking and passionate, and in time lead, the incredible development team. Your day-to-day work will consist of working with fellow developers to build, test, and deploy new and exciting projects, and assisting on current projects to deliver new functionality and refactor existing code. You will need to be a Developer who is happy working across multiple codebases, using backand front-end skills to develop.
The role and responsibilities:
● Proactively gather and flesh out product requirements and work closely with our management.
● Create a plan for implementation of new technical projects.
● Work in harmony with the Product team to flesh out the user experience.
● Build and maintain the most complex and crucial parts of our systems, with an eye to scalability, security, and performance.
● Analyse business processes, identify opportunities to improve.
● Produce relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
● Undertake research on best practice guidelines and continuously strive to make improvements to the existing applications and/or systems, services and processes.
What we need from you:
● Experience with APIs and web-services.
● Solid, demonstrable knowledge of testing principles.
● Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular.
● Advanced SQL/database expertise, including microservice patterns for data access.
● Strong AWS cloud skills.
● Experience with version control systems and workflows (eg. Git).
● Good experience with container-based development/deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
● MySQL and MongoDB
● HTML, CSS (including SASS, LESS, other CSS preprocessors), UI / UX.
Desirable but not essential:
● PHP Full Stack Software Development - Laravel 5+ / equivalent PHP MVC framework.
● Experience in the Utilities or Energy sector. A little about us We are a software development company who provide products and services that enable energy businesses and their people to be more efficient. Solving complex challenges through easy to use software helping accelerate a smarter energy transition.
This is the ideal opportunity to escape a city centre commute without compromising on working with a brilliant team in a scaling software business. The offices are well located in easy reach of major transport routes within the North West and are lucky to offer free onsite car parking.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.