£50k - 55k per year
0161 914 8499
5 months ago
Forward Role Recruitment Technology Division is recruiting on behalf of an industry leader within specialised professional education.
A trusted partner to organisations across the world, their success has led to further growth and they are now looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their Manchester based technology team.
The purpose of the role is primarily to become an integral part of the IT Infrastructure Team supporting day-to-day business-as-usual operations and current and future infrastructure project initiatives, domestically and internationally.
The Senior Network Engineer will define, implement, uphold and maintain Network standards, safeguarding the enterprise infrastructure and resources supporting business requirements at campus locations and the data centre.
The successful Senior Network Engineer should possess:
- Knowledge of Cisco Technologies; specifically, IOS, NXOS, concepts of VLANs and Dynamic Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP), Cisco Wi-Fi and DMVPN
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki technology
- In depth knowledge of the OSI networking model and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience of LAN switching and WAN technologies, or experience involving transmission/traffic engineering and operations also required
- Familiarity of Internet technologies and tools (e.g. Apache, IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, SMTP, SSL, DNS, firewalls, proxy devices, load balancers)
- Working in a controlled environment following ITIL processes for incident, problem, and change management
- Proficiency with systems administration in both UNIX and Windows platforms
- Experience in Network Security is desirable, basic Network Security is required.
In return for your expertise the successful Senior Network Engineer can expect a salary circa £55,000 plus package.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please forward an updated CV to Mike Rhodes at Forward Role Recruitment.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.