Manchester City Centre
£50k - 55k per year
almost 2 years ago
A well known retailer is looking for a Senior Product Owner to be accountable for delivering an internal capability for insight generation, analytics and automation. Your goal is to enable the business to respond to customer needs more efficiently, enabling a more relevant customer experience.
You will drive product strategy, the roadmap, specification and execution. Serving data consumers and machines across the organisation, the Enterprise Data Platform will ingest data and events required for analytical processing and the creation of data products and profiles for core subject areas.
- Accountable for complex/large product(s) that involve multiple internal/external stakeholders
- Set clear goals and KPIs for the product and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback/ suggestions for improvement
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with the Head of Product and other stakeholders and proactively flag off any risks/delays in the commitments
- Conduct fair performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback for my team/ individual to improve and facilitate the development of individuals in the team
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to understand future demand and direction of the product and perform the role of a product owner when necessary
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting is in place to gain board commitment and prioritisation
Skills and Experience:
- Have proven success in developing an enterprise data platform and has taken at least 1 new product/idea from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs
- Expert domain expertise in data / data platforms / data modelling / data science / data analytics / automation / APIs
- Articulating a complex product strategy in terms of consumer and business value
- Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by focussing the development team on value generating Products/Business priorities
- Working with data stakeholders to discern requirements
- Thinking at a conceptual level regarding data flow across several platforms (web, mobile, tablets, PC, datastores, data science tools, analytics tools)
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.