£45k - 50k per year
Service Design & Transition Manager
Up to £50k
Remote (must be UK based)
Forward Role have partnered with a national law firm whose vision is to support business agility through enabling their colleagues to work and collaborate how, when and where they need to in order to provide value to their clients. This client is looking to bring a Service Design & Transition Manager into their team of IT Service Management Professionals, this role will be responsible for delivering changes to IM Service Delivery processes, resource profiles and management tools which will ensure the orderly introduction of new or modified technology services into production and the retirement of defunct services within the predicted cost, time and quality estimates.
- Work closely with all areas of Service Delivery in order to understand and represent their views and protect their processes in broader discussions concerning technology changes. (Other teams in Service Delivery include Service Operations, Service Assurance Service Delivery Management and Vendor Management and their sub-teams).
- Work closely with focussed business areas in order to gain an understanding of any requirements on IT, which they may have.
- Provide themselves a single point of contact for IT within IT-Service Delivery for all IT Programmes and Projects, facilitating further discussion with subject matter experts where appropriate.
- Assess activities for new IT engagements to ensure the Project and Programme management teams enabling prioritisation and financial management of across IT. capture accurate costs of delivery & support
- Gather all project requirements for and on behalf of each area within IT-Service Delivery with particular focus on non-functional requirements. Ensure that they are included as part of project delivery plans and outcomes.
- Agree a set of criteria with all IT-Service Delivery teams, which will enable an Acceptance into Service for each project. Ensure that all those criteria are delivered and associated risks managed by the project.
- Ensure that each project designs, builds and tests a support model which is accepted by all IT-Service Delivery stakeholders, providing a governance and assurance on behalf of Service Delivery
- Ensure that each project delivers user and IT support training to IT service delivery and infrastructure support. This may be required for advanced IT users within the business
- Ensure that each project provides an agreed approach to a warranty or Early Life Support period, ensuring that critical entry criteria are agreed across IT Service Delivery, business areas and project teams
- Ensure that projects understand the criteria required to deliver a supported solution, which is accepted by the Service Delivery management following a period of early life support.
- Report on risks, issues and impact to IT-Service Delivery teams for all Projects affected by Projects and Programmes in order to influence key Service Delivery management decisions making sure that they are appropriately made with regard to planning and support.
- Ensuring that vendor management have all contractual and engagement information
- Manage communications channels in relation to Service Introduction activities
- Work with the Service Delivery Managers to capture & understand customer feedback, identify improvements and manage service improvement plans including delivery of them and own and / or assist with small service improvement projects
- Regularly visit regional offices to understand the customer experience and provide feedback to the Service Delivery teams, acting on issues and escalations if they arise
- As a manager within the service delivery team, be a point of escalation when required by the including be part of an on call rota within the Service Delivery Team.
- Work with junior members of the team to provide sufficient training to enable support of this role and assist with their career development.
What skills and experience do we need from you?
- Qualification in ITIL v3 or v4 to Foundation level or above.
- Extensive experience of working in IT Service Management processes.
- Experience of working in an IT Service Management department, which has enabled the development of a demonstrable broad understanding of IT Service Management processes.
- Is able to recognise improvements to Service Delivery and overall IT processes, supplier interactions and solutions and implement the necessary changes.
- Creates and maintains a high standard of documentation, ensuring that all documentation is concise and fit for purpose, this will include writing operational processes for IT and contributing to IT Service Delivery polices.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned.
- Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Extensive experience of engaging with technical design and project managers to promote awareness and compliance with IT Service Delivery quality plans and processes.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.