JD Sports – Multi-Channel Retailer
Market Rate Salary & Benefits
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with JD Sports and they are looking to hire a Software Architect to join their Order Management System (OMS) Team. As a Software Architect in the OMS Team, you will act as the lead Software Engineer in the Order Management System (OMS) suite of applications and services using a range of languages and technologies.
You will be the source of expertise for system development for both project work, day-to-day issues, and maintenance, collaborating with the Product Manager and Solutions Architects to build out new functionality, resolve any issues and proactively make improvements. You will be working alongside a team of Software Engineers, Problem Analysts, and a Product Owner.
• Lead and drive discussions about appropriate languages, systems, and technologies
• Guide the OMS Software Engineers in terms of best practise, coding standards, automated and manual testing, database design, etc.
• Develop and maintain services and applications that make up the OMS suite, primarily these applications are used to process customer order data through the system infrastructure and communicate other internal and external systems.
• Develop and maintain OMS user interfaces that are used in both back-office and retail spaces
• Test and deploy the developed software in the wider infrastructure
• Collaborate with the Product Manager, Software Engineers, Product Owner, Problem Analysts to ensure that work is actioned in a timely and efficient manner
• Contribute to team success by such activities as, peer reviews, stand-ups, team discussions, peer programming, etc.
• Contribute to ensuring that any work produced by the team is both to the highest standards and is ‘future proofed’ by use of appropriate and sustainable technologies
What we need from you:
• Experience of designing and implementing System Architecture and working with others to evolve this over time
• Experience of guiding and leading teams of Software Engineers
• Experience of using the following languages, databases and technologies:
- Go Lang
- Node.js / TypeScript
- Cross browser CSS
- Git / Github / Sourcetree / Bitbucket o Responsive HTML
An understanding of:
• Object Orientated programming concepts, design patterns, frameworks o Security conscious coding
• Cloud computing fundamentals
• DevOps management of (Linux) servers o Amazon/eBay marketplaces integration
• Experience of Agile working concepts and practises, in particular SCRUM
• Experience of deployment of mission-critical software in line with industry standards
• Experience using Jira and Confluence
• Ability to set and work to deadlines
• Experience in an e-Commerce environment
• You are passionate about software development
• You collaborate with and influence people at various levels with the ability to explain concepts in a jargon free manner that are sometimes confusing to people who may or may not be technically minded.
• You possess strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills
• You are passionate about continuous improvement and improving ways of working
• You model a learning and growth mindset
• You thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.