- Interpreting business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Providing feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and providing estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Author technical design documents.
- Taking ownership of stories; Implementing and testing features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Defining and maintaining coding standards, and guiding team members to comply with these standards.
- Collaborating with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborating with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigatigating and finding the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintaining technical documents.
Required• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
• An understanding of Object Orientated Design and Development
• Professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
• Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc and suggests improvement to this process
• Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently and to own a business mission or a lead a small team
• Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Has superb analytical and problem solving skills.
• Competent in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
• Competent in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
• Competent in Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
• Competent in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, etc. J2SE, J2EE, JDBC, RMI/IIOP, Spring framework, JPA(Java Persistence API) or other ORM framework such as Hibernate or iBatics, JTA(Java Transaction API), Java WebService, JavaMail and JMS, etc. STL, Boost, GTest, etc. JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, etc.
• Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
• Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Interested and want to apply? Please apply below and for more information please contact our IT Recruitment Consultant Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
- £25k - 40k per year
- Posted 28 days ago
One of the nation’s biggest retailer who are based in greater Liverpool are hiring for a Software Test Engineer, could this be you? If you want to work for a company whose won multiple awards for both how they treat their employees and the high quality of their products, then the answer is yes. I...
- £30k - 50k per year
- Posted 3 months ago
Do you want the chance to take charge of the whole testing process? Do you want to work alongside the whole company and be an integral part of the development process? This medical technology company in Manchester has invented a machine that is being used to identify microbial infections and canc...
- £35k - 50k per year
- Posted 7 days ago
Senior Front End Software Developer – Manchester The UK’s leading mobile technology company are looking for a Senior Front-End Software Developer to join the team and pour their enthusiasm into developing stunning user interfaces to disrupt the mobile technology market. You will be provided with ...
- £25k - 35k per year
- Posted 6 days ago