£30k - 50k per year
about 1 year ago
Software Test Engineer – Manchester – a job that actually makes a difference to society
Do you want the chance to test the software of a medical technology company?
Do you want the chance to take charge of the whole testing process?
Do you want to work alongside the whole company and be an integral part of the development process?
This medical technology company has invented a machine that is being used to identify microbial infections and cancer cells – and they need you to test its software. They are growing year on year, continually upgrading the software in order to make the machine applicable to an ever growing range of markets. They want to make sure that their machine is flexible enough to be able to be used wherever there will be an increase to the welfare of the general population.
The Software Test Engineer they are looking to join the team will get the opportunity to take charge of the whole of the testing procedure and sit right in the mix of the development team to ensure that every stage of the process is meticulously tested. They want you to be able to creatively think of ways that the software could break, then attempt to do so – as their field of work involves twists and turns you will not find at a finance firm.
Your winning attributes?
- Design, update and review functional test suites for both new and old features.
- Be the torchbearer for good quality code throughout the company.
- Be able to precisely execute manual and web-based testing procedures.
- A solid level of experience in automation testing, in order to help the company refine and update their testing systems.
Your winning skills?
- 4 years of experience testing software.
- A good people person with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be highly organised with your own work load.
Stand out features!
- An element of programming in your career history.
- Experience testing software that controls external hardware.
In return they are offering the chance to truly build a career not just offer you a job – all whilst being surrounded by a passionate team. The salary is competitive and flexible depending on the level of experience you possess - they really are looking for the best fit! With a great pension scheme and performance based bonuses they also show their appreciation for you financially.
They are keen to welcome you to the team so please send over your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.