£35k - 40k per year
Forward Role has partnered with a prestigious retailer based close to Blackpool on the search for a Technical Product Owner.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our fast-paced eCommerce Product team and support the ongoing strategic development of the platform. Working closely with a team of external engineers, you will lead all 3rd party eCommerce integrations, help shape technical solutions and act as an SME for the product.
Supporting the eCommerce Product Manager, you will assist with backlog prioritisation and advise on how best to adapt and evolve the tech stack in order to deliver the product roadmap, whilst continually seeking to enhance the customer experience at all times. Technical product/eCommerce experience is essential for this role, as is an obsession over perfecting the online purchase journey for customers.
*Hybrid working available*
As the eCommerce Technical Product Owner you will:
- help to convert workstreams in the product roadmap into detailed technical requirements, defining acceptance criteria and guiding the solution
- be the eCommerce business owner for new 3rd party/data integrations, guiding the implementation from inception to delivery and ongoing optimisation
- front technical discussions and act as an advisor to the rest of the eCommerce Product team, as well as the wider eCommerce function
- take part in estimation, sprint planning and other scrum sessions held by the external engineering teams
- own system architecture within the team, looking for ways to improve the data flow and integration with other systems such as OMS, ERP etc
- review and evaluate new software options, advising accordingly
- offer support with issues and incidents occurring on the live production site, helping to find a resolution and/or escalate as required
- help to co-ordinate 3rd party load testing and provide your own assessment on the results of these tests
- play a key part in improving online customer engagement and conversion, with a particular focus on the role tech plays within this
Essential Skills and Experience
- Technical product/eCommerce experience
- Hands-on experience of managing both 3rd party engineering teams and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with Agile project management practices
- Experience with APIs
- A passion for online/digital
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Domain experience of the Hybris platform and associated business tools
- Experience with GCP or another cloud-hosting service
- eCommerce experience, particularly with multi-site setups
- Knowledge of SEO tech and core web vitals
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.