£21k - 25k per year
Manchester, UK (Hybrid Working)
6 month FTC (initially, with scope to become perm)
£21k - £25k
Forward Role have partnered with one of the world's largest and most diverse education providers on their search to bring a new Web Editor into their Manchester based team.
The role of the Web Editor will be to support marketing activities, product launches, promotions, business requests, and website maintenance, by accurately creating, uploading, and publishing web content across Kaplan websites. You will liaise with stakeholders and project team members to develop and define requirements, manage changes, and identify opportunities for lean project delivery.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of website content through content management systems and form builders, and ensure content is up-to-date, factually correct, and optimised
- Ensure ‘business as usual’ work requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner e.g. timetables, vacancies, brochure updates, pricing updates, refreshing images, etc.
- Work closely with project teams and stakeholders to agree scope of work and flag dependencies or risks if they have not already been captured
- Follow direction from UX Design and Development teams to create web pages to the required page build standards
- Build Sitefinity and Wordpress webpages, ensuring layout best practice and consistent visual formatting of layouts, fonts, icons, images, forms, video, and other CMS content, including:
- Using page layouts, basic HTML and WYSIWYG widgets to format content on web pages
- Set up page properties and meta information correctly
- Set up product content types and layouts when new products become available for sale
- Create landing pages with good usability, and suitable CTA and journey to conversion
- Ensure all info correct and approved before publishing
- Challenge stakeholder requirements if they compromise website usability and the user experience
- Identify and correct content errors on webpages
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) and cross browser testing for all content updates
- Report technical problems to IT support staff
- Conduct website content audits to ensure accuracy and relevance of information
- Support stakeholders and team members to facilitate project delivery and team cohesion
What do we need from you?
Organised with a can-do approach to marketing projectThe ability to actively listen to stakeholders needs
You will be able to offer practical advice on how to approach specific website change requests, helping to streamline web builds and future proof maintenance tasks
Understand the importance of the user experience and have ideas on how we could improve the user's journey throughout the websites
Have an interest in building and editing web pages, and awareness of different CMS systems like WordPress, Sitefinity, or similar
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Have an eye for detail and ability to translate page designs and layouts into quality web page builds
- Be able to work on multiple projects at once and be flexible if requirements change or are reprioritised
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.