£50k - 60k per year + Excellent Benefits
This is a great opportunity for an experienced B2B Marketing Manager looking to make the next step up in their career, and grow with an exciting SaaS business with an enviable client list and recent investment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up the marketing function and working closely with the Head of Sales to define how the business will acquire new clients, including raising awareness of the brand, educating the market on their solutions and driving inbound leads.
You’ll be mentoring a talented Marketing Executive and will have autonomy to develop the marketing strategy to help meet the overall business objectives. This business is at the forefront of innovative technology that transforms the way manufacturers handle customer service and now is the time for our marketing efforts to match the visual quality of our software.
You’ll have bags of creative flair and natural influencing skills, with a keen eye for the KPIs that make the difference.
Objectives and KPIs
- Define the brand positioning at the corporate level, and for individual products at the customer level to reflect target audiences and business objectives, and then create campaigns to raise awareness.
- KPIs = direct and branded organic web traffic, PR coverage achieved, engagement metrics on social, number of brand inconsistencies
- Deliver target volume of demo requests at an acceptable cost per lead.
- KPIs = volume of marketing generated demo requests, cost per lead, % new vs existing business, conversion rate from visit/enquiry/download to demo
- Support sales team to meet target conversion rate from demo to sale.
- KPIs = conversion rate, average order value, volume of new clients, overall sales revenue
- Establish a best in class marketing function
- KPIs = achievement of commercial objectives, examples of living our values, matching spend to budget, staff retention
- Ownership of the lead generation websites, ensuring they remain concise, compelling and visually engaging, technically well optimised, regularly updated with content for both brand and SEO purposes and continually tested to improve conversion rates.
- Create an overall marketing plan which assesses best channel mix for achieving objectives, strategies, timings and costs for planned campaigns and estimated response rates. The plan will also consider the resource needed to execute the plan. Channels are currently assumed to include email, content, organic and sponsored social, paid search, SEO, PR, advertising/sponsorship, exhibitions and conferences.
- Undertake regular reviews of competitor activity, target customer activity and the marketplace to ensure the business stays ahead of new trends, and to work with the Product Manager to develop new product features.
- Help to build a new prospect database, and promote its use so we lessen our reliance on cold email campaigns.
- Spot opportunities for content and PR within the business, come up with creative ideas, devise and execute the content plan, ideally to include some content creation yourself.
- Devise various customer journeys throughout the sales funnel, and use the CRM to execute campaigns to help improve conversion eg demo follow up, quote expiry, whitepaper download etc. This may involve building a business case for a marketing CRM if existing Martech stack isn’t suitable.
- Oversee management of social presence, ensuring activity is of a suitable quality and volume and that communication and engagement is two-way.
- Oversee creation of sales collateral, identifying suitable external suppliers/agencies where necessary, ensuring it remains fit for purpose, on brand and represents best practice in communication.
Knowledge & technical requirements
- Strong background in B2B marketing, familiar with typical customer journeys and sales funnels, as well as used to using a CRM eg Hubspot, Pardot, Zoho, Pipedrive to drive activity and gain customer insights
- Commercially aware and quick to learn technical detail and gauge right level of information for a business audience
- Influencing skills, both upwards and outwards – successfully working with other team members and third party suppliers to gain buy in or support marketing campaigns
- Fluent digital native, confident in paid and organic search techniques, video creation, website design and build, good understanding of what good UX looks like and used to using tracking tools and analytics
- Used to setting KPIs, producing reports and presenting at board level
- Experience of managing junior marketing staff and helping them progress in their careers
- Excellent written and verbal English, with ability to adapt style to medium whilst maintaining the brand tone of voice and zero tolerance for typos or grammatical errors
- Creative and curious, with a passion for learning about new subjects and always keeping clients at the heart of communications
- Experience of working with brand guidelines and eye for ensuring all communications remain on brand (visual and written)
- Excellent organisation skills, with proven ability to prioritise own workload, meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience of working with email campaign platforms such as Mailchimp, Apollo or Dotmailer
- Track record of growing social media followers and engagement
You’ll earn extra brownie points if you have:
- Marketing degree or equivalent qualification eg CIM, IDM
- Experience of launching and growing SaaS brands
- Experience of implementing a CRM from scratch
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.