Manchester City Centre
almost 2 years ago
City centre Manchester – very competitive salary - autonomous role
My clients are the biggest investment services in their field, worth £100m. They pride themselves on the speed and stability of their growth, and have recognised the need for a capacity and performance engineer to synchronise this crucial mix of energy and reliability across all sections of the business.
This company is offering you the chance to become the lead capacity and performance engineer at this firm in city centre of Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity to construct this system, and your own job role, from scratch – were you will be expected to play a consultative role with the other members of staff who have been working on this until now, and also bringing your own expertise.
The role would see you crafting a technical monitoring and resolving system and policy that stretches over the whole breadth of the company. Having recently gone through explosive growth they haven’t yet created a holistic approach to this.
The size of the company means this role necessitate a variety of technical and soft skills:
- Perform Impact Analysis across multiple platforms.
- Very well versed in linux CLI tools such as grep to perform log analysis.
- Manipulate and use monitoring tools i.e. Nagios.
- Ability to understand Java coding language – and its use in Browsers and Mobile.
- Understanding of cloud based infrastructure.
- Must have scripting knowledge – ability to construct logical flows.
- Organisation. You would be almost completely autonomous in this role, so you must be able to project manage your own schedule – and make sure you can keep to it!
- Stake holder management. Whilst this is not a huge part of the role, you will be liaising with people from all level of the business in all of their departments. There will also be some liaising with third party partners.
They are ready to welcome you into their team, and place a high importance on the friendly and cooperative office culture they have cultivated from the get-go. They are offering you a generous salary and 25 days holiday (with the option to buy and sell them) and healthcare along with other more light-weight, but not to be looked over, benefits like cycle to work scheme and a tastecard.
Please, apply through the link to get the process started.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.