Lead QA Engineer
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with the Regatta Group, helping them find and secure the best talent to achieve their ambitious digital growth plans.
Regatta's purpose is to enable people to live happier and healthier lives through great times spent outdoors. It's mission is to be Europe's favourite outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment brand. It's vision is to sell great quality well-designed, well-priced and well-marketed product.
The role of the Digital QA Manager in the organisation is to provide a first class user experience for all transactional websites for all brands. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to drive the continued growth of ecommerce sales and more importantly ensure the end to end customer experience is fault free.
This is a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Lead to take ownership of the Quality Assurance and Testing function in the Digital Department. You will be responsible for Quality Assurance across the Digital Platform. You will be in direct contact with internal stakeholders, other departments, Project Managers and the IT team.
● Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood.
● Analyze user stories / use cases / requirements for validity & feasibility and provide test cases
● Producing test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standard (BDD, Gherkin syntax, ‘Verify’ statements etc.)
● Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales.
● Execute all levels of testing (system, integration & regression) and own the process across projects & BAU workstreams
● Detect and track defects and manage through to successful resolution via a reporting system.
● Reporting testing progress to Head Of Tech / Business Analysts / Senior Developers and communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate.
● Working alongside developers to produce automated tests where applicable.
● Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the team.
● Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases.
● Liaise with commercial teams and their partners when implementing new sales channels / function
● Liaise with development teams and their partners when implementing new sales channels / functions
What we need from you:
● Commercial software testing experience which should include web and mobile testing.
● Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
● Experience of testing large scale global websites.
● Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
● Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
● Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
● Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
● Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
● Ability to work within a team and individually on own initiative.
● Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
● High attention to detail.
● Proactive approach to own personal development.
● Experience of automated testing
● Familiar with an AGILE way of working
● Educated to Degree level
Scope of Role:
Accountable for new site launches and further development of existing sites. Ability to lead and manage junior team members.
● Self Management
● Reinforce and act as an ambassador for the Company Values
● Use initiative and take ownership of difficult and challenging situations when required
● Great attention to detail
● Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.