£50k - 60k per year
Senior Data Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
Manchester/Rochdale (Hybrid working)
Forward Role have partnered with a leading sports & streetwear retail brand who are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support the growth of the Data Engineering function, mentor junior members of the team and help implement effective practices that drive a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement. If you are a Data Engineer with experience working in a retail environment using agile methodologies with operational targets crossing multiple departments, and you are looking for the opportunity to join an exciting business and become a part of a growing team and incredibly successful team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Influence and contribute towards the next phase of the businesses data strategy
- Deliver the engineering roadmap and champion data engineering across the business
- Mentor and help grow junior engineers and drive standard methodologies across different data technologies
- Be an expert for data solutions, overseeing data engineering delivery effort across multiple product teams and projects
- Support the development of the first Data Engineering community of practice
- Be a role model for standard methodologies and strong CI /CD principles, govern engineering standards and policies across the business
- Advocate working in the open by demonstrating your work
- Drive a data driven culture, ensuring data is at the forefront of decision making across product teams and the business
- Work with the business and data team to establish a self-service data culture
What we need from you:
- 5 years+ working in Data Engineering function
- Databricks, Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW
- Experience delivering enterprise scale data solutions, infrastructure and architecture
- Experience managing and reducing cost in the cloud by using best practice techniques
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment alongside evolving the data tech stack and practices
- Role modelling agile development practices - DevOps, CI, CD, TDD.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and how they can be used to solve modern business problems
- Individual training budget
- 25 days holiday
- Access to a full company benefits platform
- Flexible/hybrid/remote working options
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.