about 1 year ago
A multi-award winning digital health company that enables you to have a video consultation with a GP within minutes on any device are currently seeking a Senior .NET Developer to join their Manchester based team.
This company are rapidly growing and are looking for talented people to join something that is helping millions of people live a healthier and happier lifestyle. This business are organised into multidisciplinary agile teams of software engineers, testers,designers, product owners, project managers, medical and marketing staff.
As a Senior .NET Developer you will be working in a small team of highly motivated people focused on delivering excellent features and experiences for doctors and patients organised around a number of key missions. Your role will be play a pivotal role in the growth of the organisation and assisting the CTO with the development strategy in order to meet the needs of the business. You will be firmly hands-on, spending the majority of your time developing applications. You will be an ambassador for SOA and will ensure applications are delivered to SOA principles. You will be excited to work in a high-growth organisation and you will thrive when priorities are changeable and timelines are short.
Outside of this, you will contribute to architectural and POC initiatives with the objective of delivering the highest quality experience to our customers. You will be comfortable challenging the status quo and articulating the benefits of change. You will be a mentor to junior developers and coach them in delivering high quality applications and to keep abreast of technology advances.
- Expert knowledge and likely 5+ years’ experience of delivering high-volume .Net (C# and/or VB.Net but ideally both) applications for a commercial organisation, preferably consumer facing, in a senior or leadership position.
- Expert knowledge of Webforms, MVC and delivering high quality, secure web applications
- Expert knowledge of WCF and WebAPI and demonstrable experience of delivering secure REST based API’s ideally for IOS and Android
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, preferably 2012 including stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Knowledge of Entity Framework, LINQ, Membership and Identity
- Good knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 and responsive web design and ideally AngularJS
- Ideally you will have some exposure to SignalR
- Test driven development and ideally automated testing experience
- Experience of working with Continuous Delivery using Visual Studio Team Services or similar
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Experience of working with CMS systems
- Knowledge of Azure (webroles, worker roles etc)
- Ability and willingness to work out of hours as the business requires and to be on-call
- Autonomy - Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities.
- Influence - Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Complexity - Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- Business Skills - Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives. Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk. Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Understands the relevance of own area of responsibility/specialism to the employing organisation. Takes customer requirements into account when making proposals. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date. Mentors colleagues. Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement. Demonstrates creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder. Takes account of relevant legislation.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
Dot Net Developer / .Net Developer