£70k - 105k per year
0161 974 5640
3 months ago
Job title: Solution Architect
Reports to: Principal Architect / Delivery Manager
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Solution Architect, you’ll be responsible for leading multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide. Reporting to the Principal Architect/Delivery Manager, you’ll work with customer architects to agree functional and non-functional designs, advising customers and managers on the estimated effort, technical implications and complexity surrounding your designs.
As a technical leader, you will work with your peers to develop policy and standards, share knowledge and mentor those around you. You’ll do this whilst advising about new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Experience of successful delivery of software designs for multi-tiered, modern software applications
- Experience of whole solution architecture concepts and ability to communicate and negotiate these with customer architects
- Can prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and experience of incorporating these into the application design
- Experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
- Ability to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations
- Ability to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery
- Experience of mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate
- Experience of being accountable for all sizes of technology delivery challenges, e.g. project, multi-team programme
- Has pro-actively developed business across an account with sales and account managers
- Ability to prioritise your time across multiple major projects
- Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
We are a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.