£65k - 70k per year
Forward Role have partnered with a national law firm who's vision is to support business agility through enabling their colleagues to work and collaborate how, when and where they need to in order to provide value to our clients.
They are looking to bring in an experienced Solutions Architect with significant knowledge and experience of network design and implementation, including network security, within a regulated environment (FCA, FSA) that supports hybrid deployments across on-premise and Azure hosted data centres as well as a mix of office locations plus significant remote working.
You will be responsible for working closely with 3rd parties to design and implement their future network, exploiting software-defined technologies, and making sure the network supports flexible working locations and cloud-based services, as well as digital-first colleague and client experiences. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all network related architectural artefacts, including standards, reference architectures and patterns, and roadmaps. Evidence of strong collaboration, cross team working and commercial approach to decision making is required. Experience working with Cisco assets is desirable.
- Comprehensive and wide-ranging experience of creating and implementing solution designs in an IT context (breadth preferred)
- Experience of working alongside external technology partners to influence solutions and execute our strategy
- Microsoft (or equivalent) Certifications, TOGAF 9, ITIL, Scrum, Prince2 qualifications are advantageous
- Experience in selecting and delivering cloud-based solutions
- Experience of integration between applications, both COTS and bespoke
- Advanced IT skills – in-depth knowledge of one or more of: IT infrastructure, database management, development frameworks, cloud computing, micro-services architecture, data integration, telephony & mobile device management, Business Intelligence/Data Science.
- Able to give direction to IT technical staff (provides supervision even when not in a direct reporting relationship)
- Able to apply relevant technical governance effectively to ensure alignment with standards, policies and strategy (works within scrutiny for own work and provides scrutiny for the work of others)
- Able to apply curiosity, logic, and experience to find solutions to complex problems and engage other people in evaluating an implementing solutions (Complex problem-solving ability at all levels)
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
They also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. The businesses social responsibility programme is fundamental to who they are. They’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where their colleagues can flourish. They have a range of groups to celebrate their people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.