£50k - 55k per year
Forward Role has exclusively partnered with Missguided as they build out their world-class Product team.
What the role involves:
We are looking for an experienced, data-focused, Product Owner to work with, and guide the roadmap for, our new Data Platform team. This team will be responsible for building and maintaining our core Data Platform, integrating new data sources, and presenting our aggregated, analysis ready, data sets to relevant tools and users. As Product Owner, you will play a critical role in driving the development of our Data Platform and shaping how Missguided maximises its use of the rich, application-centric, data sets it already has.
A core part of Missguided’s growth strategy is to provide our key business teams, such as Marketing and Trading, the data, tooling, and skills to find better insights and make smarter decisions every day. We believe this capability will soon become critical to everything we do at Missguided. Therefore, this position will also have an important role in shaping the future of Missguided as a business.
Once our core capability is in place, we will be looking to expand into more advance technology areas, such as Machine Learning and utilising models to drive real-time decisioning on our web platform. This will require close collaboration with data science colleagues in the business and our in-house web engineering teams.
What you will be responsible for:
- Providing vision to the team and ensuring they have enough prepared tasks on the backlog to work on.
- Creating clear, concise, and relevant user stories within project boards in Jira.
- Backlog refinement and prioritisation in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Sign off that the final product, feature, or sprint meets the requirements you defined.
- Supporting the Business in determining/gathering their requirements and/or working with other areas to define and refine these requirements.
- Effective stakeholder analysis and subsequent stakeholder management.
- Using that knowledge to define a Vision and Roadmap that delivers for your stakeholders
- Articulating and communicating ROI for features delivered through the team
The type of candidate we’d like to meet with:
- Experience and understanding of working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience working with teams developing and maintaining technologies related to Business Data
- Adept at understanding data flows between applications
- Experience working on data platform projects, providing data sets and tooling for business areas such as Marketing, Trading and E-Commerce.
- Able to define/run/facilitate Business/IT requirements workshops, producing relevant output for review.
- Experience in assisting the business with the definition of an MVP and with the phasing of projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with keen attention to detail.
- Employs a proactive approach to solving problems and obtaining answers to questions.
- Experience within a multi-channel retail environment.
- Proven influencing skills.
- Experience working with AWS technologies
- Experience in Data science and/or Machine Learning projects
- Knowledge of Python, R, AWS Glue
- Familiar with using Jira
What We Will Give You:
- Free parking
- Company bonus
- Summer hours scheme
- Buy / Sell holiday scheme
- Early 4pm finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 30% staff discount
- Missguided/Mennace sample sales
- Membership for Retail Credit Union and Retail Trust
- Missguided Moments (competitions, parties & giveaways)
- Reward Portal – providing discount and cashback on 1000 major retailers.
- State of the art building, fun working environment, spacious desk areas, café, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Short text benefits –
- 25 days holiday plus BH, Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme, Company Bonus, Staff discount, Sample Sales, Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Summer Hours Scheme, Engagement Hub with discount or cashback on 1000+ retailers, 4pm Friday finish.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.