£35k - 40k per year + benefits
Social Media Manager
Financial services/ consulting
Up to 40K
I am working with a global financial services/ consulting business (ranked one of the fastest growing companies in the world) with offices in London who are going through major growth.
The Social Media Manager will serve as a brand ambassador to the businesses social community and have a passion for all things people, conversations and building relationships. The role will focus on elevating the brand across the social media channels in a positive, authentic way to attract, engage and maintain a dialogue with today’s modern and hyper-connected audiences.
To succeed in your role, you will possess strong content creation and relationship-management skills and develop high impact social media campaigns across a variety of platforms, including LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. You will engage with all our key audiences, including candidates, employees, experts, and clients across Europe and the US regions.
Reporting to the Communications Director, you will work closely with the Brand and Communications Team to ensure social media strategy and content aligns with broader campaigns and initiatives. You will also partner with key business units to ensure their stories are shared appropriately across our social media channels.
- Lead the global social media programme focused on strategy creation and development, execution and regional application across all platforms.
- Create and maintain a dynamic social media schedule - ensuring strategy and content is tailored appropriately for each channel and adheres to the content style and brand guidelines.
- Curate and repurpose existing content (such as blogs, campaign content, thought leadership articles, media partnerships, etc.) and create fresh, multimedia content as necessary.
- Conduct ongoing social listening activities, setting up monitoring and reporting to inform future social media strategy
- Create a regular reporting structure that analyses meaningful data and identifies clear improvements and optimization of activity at both a global and regional level.
- Monitor and respond promptly and effectively to social media enquiries. Strategically work to protect the corporate brand and image, limiting any damage and provide users with a rapid and effective answer to their complaints or comments.
- Research, connect and develop relationships with key influencers
- Develop best practices across the platforms using a clear testing approach, to maximize social media efforts on a continual basis
- 2-3 years of social media marketing experience across the most common social networks, including LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Content marketing knowledge and experience creating social media content in multiple formats such as animated gifs, slide-shares etc.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of most widely-used social media management and analytics tools.
- Excellent copywriting and creative writing skills.
- Analytical and data interpretation skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment; able to work under pressure on several projects.
- A proactive mindset, able to take action and move an initiative forward with minimal guidance.
- Problem solver, with an ability to proactively identify gaps or challenges and propose solutions.
- The drive and resilience to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances.
- The ability to shift in best practices given the changing social media landscape.
- Strong academic credentials gained from a degree in communications, PR, journalism, branding, marketing or related.
- Knowledge and/or experience of managing Glassdoor
- Basic graphic design, photo and video-editing skills
- PR/media relations knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working in tech / high-growth organizations / higher-education institutions is a plus
- Managing social media in both B2B and B2C settings.
Please contact Eilidh Sproul for more information! email@example.com
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.