£40k - 45k per year + Excellent Benefits
0161 641 5545
over 1 year ago
Our client is a global B2B tech business with a new requirement for a Technical Product Development Manager to join their head office team in Greater Manchester.
Based near Stockport and Manchester City Centre, you’ll be tasked with providing leadership to team members and effectively driving and supporting development of future products and solutions.
Duties will include:
- Work with European offices, other team members, customers and sales and marketing departments to gather requirements through market research, customer voice, competitor research, market analysis and analysis of product performance to formulate and execute the product strategy, product portfolio and roadmap for hardware and software solutions for Europe, Eastern Europe and Russia.
- To support and where necessary lead team members and support the product planning manager to formulate and implement the value proposition for future product, software and solutions portfolio.
- Taking a leadership role work with and co-ordinate other product planning members to explain in a clear and simple manner and then negotiate those requirements with Sales Offices or 3rd party software and hardware development teams by whatever means necessary until a satisfactory outcome is reached.
- Support team members to ensure the company intranet is structured in accordance with the company and departmental direction and it is populated with relevant materials in a timely fashion.
- Through excellent communication skills, have the ability to and lead the team to engage at all levels in the wider group from Directors, Executives through to the staff members. This correspondence will take the form of both written and oral and include presentations and reports.
- Assist the Product Planning Manager with any departmental functions required (e.g. help with Job interview process, prepare information for budget planning, meeting arrangements)
- Ensure the team meets the needs of marcomms and that all product related marketing materials (carton, leaflets, web pages, sales kits and launch materials etc) are correct and accurate in terms of technical specification and images and checked within the given deadlines.
- Oversee the team’s training plans and see it is effectively and efficiently implemented and ensure that all product training materials (PowerPoint, Video, or other types of file) are accurate and professionally prepared and delivered.
- Travel where necessary to represent Europe at global PDM meetings and European offices (incl. Russia and CEE) to explain/discuss product development issues or train offices on new products.
A recognised industry qualification or qualifications and significant experience as a team leader or as a senior staff member (typically three years) with relevant experience in all levels of product development.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.